Booktubeathon 2016 | Updates and Wrap Up

I'll be do one post with all of my updates throughout the week as well as my wrap up. I did the same thing last year when I participated. I have an idea of the books I want to read, but haven't really set a concrete TBR. Wish me luck!

The Booktubeathon is a readathon on booktube started by Ariel Bissett. This one starts on July 18th to July 24th. There are reading challenges, but they are not manditory. There are also video challenges since it is about the booktube community, and this year bookstagram has been included.


Challenges

1. Read a book with yellow on the cover.
2. Read a book only after sunset.
3. Read a book you discovered through booktube.
4. Read a book by one of your favorite authors.
5. Read a book that is older than you.
6. Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation.
7. Read seven books.


Daily Updates


Day 1
- I read a little bit of Dorothy Must Die, but I'm not counting it towards the readathon. I didn't even get to read much of it because I got a really bad headache.

Day 2
- I finished reading Dorothy Must Die, and picked up my first actual book for the readathon, More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. I'm using this book to complete the Read a book with yellow on the cover challenge. I only got a couple of pages into it before I fell asleep.

Day 3
- I started reading More Happy Than Not and it's starting off kind of slow. I tried reading this at work, but didn't get much of it read until I got home and read up to page 111.

Day 4
- I read up to page 190. This book is really hard to get through, not because of the writing, but because of the subject matter. The book really took a turn from the slow pacing in the beginning. It's like whatever you thought was going on, just throw it out the window. Personally, I don't think this is the type of book you should just read through in one shot, and probably the wrong choice for a readathon, but it's a little too late for that now.

Day 5 and Day 6
- I forgot to log how many pages I read on day 5, but I didn't read that much and then just finished it on day 6. Most likely I'll have a post up on my thoughts on this book. I'm glad I got to read this book, but it was hard for me to process some of the stuff that happened in the book and so I kept stepping away from it to gather my thoughts. I didn't end up starting a new book on day 6,

Day 7
- I started reading Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta. This book was meant for the Read a book you discovered through booktube. I first heard about this book from Liana at Liana's Reviews. I didn't even expect to finish it today, but I was in the mood to read it. Hopefully I can keep this momentum and get a couple books in before the month is over.



No comments