Booktube-a-thon | Updates/Wrap Up

Challenges

1) Read a book with blue on the cover.
2) Read a book by an author who share the same first letter of your last name.
3) Read someone else's favorite book.
4) Read the last book you acquired.
5) Finish a book without letting go of it.
6) Read a book you really want to read.
7) Read seven books

Daily Updates

Day 1
- I read nothing.

Day 2
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
[Challenge: Read someone else's favorite book.]
- I started reading this prior to day one of the readathon, but I don't want to stop reading it. I'm on page 118 so far. That's a little less than halfway.
- I read up to page 194. Great character development.
Pages read: 76
Books completed: 0

Day 3
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
[Challenge: Read someone else's favorite book.]
- Read up to page 244

Day 4
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
[Challenge: Read someone else's favorite book.]
- Stayed up to finish reading.
Books completed: 1

Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
[Challenge: Read a book by an author with the same first letter of your last name.]
- I started this and got up to page 18, because I didn't start reading until it was almost midnight.

Day 5
Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
[Challenge: Read a book by an author with the same first letter of your last name.]
- At around 2:30 am I got up to page 104.
- Read up to page 174

Day 6
Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
[Challenge: Read a book by an author with the same first letter of your last name.]
- I continued reading this past midnight. I thought I was going to finish, but I guess I was really tired because I fell asleep
- I continued reading it after work, and finished it.

Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen
[Challenge: Read the last book you acquired./Finish a book without letting go of it.]
- I'm going to start reading Lumberjanes for the 5th challenge. This technically satisfies the 4th challenge as well, because it's the last book I bought before Booktubeathon started.
- Finished Lumberjanes.

Day 7
- I didn't even bother starting anything. I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish it in one day.




Wrap Up

I ended up reading one book, one graphic novel/comic, and finishing one book.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - I really enjoyed the story. It's definitely an emotional one with tons of character growth. I liked that it was different than many things that I've read. The one book that I can somewhat compare to it is Ask the Passengers by A.S. King in the way that it deals with LGBTQ issues. 4/5

Just Like the Movies - This was the perfect book for a readathon. I really should have been able to finish this quicker than I did. It's less than 300 pages, and it's a contemporary. It was nothing too heavy, and I loved all the rom-com references. 3/5

Lumberjanes - I ended up liking this so much more than I thought I would. The art is big and colorful. The characters are funny and likeable, and the story is interesting and doesn't end when this volume ends. I wanted to go out and look for the comics, but I think I'm going to resist the urge and just wait for the second volume. 5/5


No comments