February 2015 | Wrap Up


Let me just start off by saying, this was a horrible month. I read two books, and a graphic novel. One of which I didn't really enjoy. I've been in somewhat of a reading slump. I think I just have to read a quick book to get me back into the swing of things.

Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas
This was the first book I read in February. The book is not that long, yet it took me forever to get through it. I wasn't enjoying the story, and just wanted to get it over with. I hate stopping in the middle of a book, so I forced myself through it. That was probably one of the main reasons I got into this little reading slump. The story wasn't very memorable, and I didn't like the two stories and how it switched every chapter. 2/5

Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley
I love the Scott Pilgrim series, and really enjoyed the movie. I didn't really know what expect from Seconds. I had no idea what it was about. I really enjoyed it, and the concept of the story. Katie tries to fix her mistakes only to end up in a bigger mess. What would happen if we could change certain moments in our past? The artwork was amazing. Scott Pilgrim is in black and white, so it was really cool to see O'Malley's work in color. The one slightly negative thing I have to say is that the ending felt a little bit rushed. Maybe I just didn't want it to be over. 5/5

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Meira has become one of my favorite female characters in YA fiction. The reasons I didn't give this one the full five stars was because part of the major plot twist was slightly predictable. Also, there's a love triangle, and I just felt like it wasn't really necessary. The good thing about it, is that the story doesn't revolve around the love interests or the love triangle. Instead it focuses more on Meira and her desire to matter in the Winterians quest to take back their kingdom. [Full Review] 4/5

Currently Reading

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo

March TBR

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige






4 comments

  1. Wow you have an amazing blog design and blog! I'm excited to check it out more often...followed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the comment and the follow!

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many great things about Red Queen! I think I need to add it to my TBR! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I've heard mostly good things about it too. I just hope it's not one of those overhyped books.

      Delete