NaNoWriMo 2016 | Week One Updates


Tuesday November 1st
12:15 am - Here we go. I'm going to try to write something, but I don't want to stay up too late because I'm waking up early tomorrow to try to get words in before work.
9:00 pm - I overslept this morning and didn't end up writing anything before work.
11:54 pm - I'm trying to write as much as I can right now. My computer kept freezing, and after some googling I found out that it's one of the extensions on the chrome browser. Back to writing for the last few minutes of day one!
WORDS TODAY = 1,507
TOTAL WORD COUNT = 1,507


Wednesday November 2nd
3:55 pm - I'm just starting to write right now. I had the day off today, but I woke up late and had to do some stuff before I could sit down and write.
7:01 pm - I forgot to update earlier, but I wrote for about 45 minutes and got about 300 words. I went to Starbucks, and got some coffe and am getting back to writing now.
9:18 pm - For chunks of time I sort of find my groove and write a slew of words. Then at some point I hit a wall. Also I was watching NaNoWriMo vlogs, and I can't remember which one it was, but when I have time I'll look for it and add it, and she mentioned something about changing the color of the text to represent something you want to edit later on. So for me I've done red text for stuff that I possibly want to cut out, purple for stuff that I need to move around, and blue for stuff that I need to expand on.
11:31 pm - I'm going to stop writing now. I'm at 3,405 words total which means I met the word goal for today. I don't know how tomorrow is going to turn out. I have to work until pretty late, but I have nothing planned for the evening which hopefully means I can crank out 1,667 words.
WORDS TODAY = 1,898
TOTAL WORD COUNT = 3,405


Thursday November 3rd
9:34 pm - I am just getting time to write, right now.
WORDS TODAY = 1,417
TOTAL WORD COUNT = 4,822


Friday November 4th
9:03 pm - I forgot to update the rest of yesterday and this morning, but I wrote around 700 words this morning. I did a couple of the NaNoWriMo hosted word sprints which helped me get about 400 words. I've also been updating my outline and bullet journal as I go. My outline slightly changed since yesterday, and I hadn't written it out so I lost my way for a bit, but I've re-outlined some parts and I think I'm back on track.
10:10 pm - My current word total is 6,703 and I want to see if I can get a few hundred more to reach the 7,000 mark.
11:02 pm - I'm going to stop now. I wrote a little more than I had to just in case, but I haven't watched an episode of Gilmore Girls in four days so I'm going to do that now.
WORDS TODAY = 2,179
TOTAL WORD COUNT = 7,001

Saturday November 5th
Bad writing day.
WORDS TODAY = 708
TOTAL WORD COUNT = 7,709

Sunday November 6th
I had sort of the same writing day as yesterday. I haven't hit a wall within the story, it's just one of those days where I felt like I was pulling the words out. I didn't feel like writing and I was forcing myself to just get the words on the page.
WORDS TODAY = 934
TOTAL WORD COUNT = 8,643

Monday November 7th
12:46 am - I have a super busy day today, so I'm trying to ride the momentum of what I was writing right before midnight. I've already written half of what I wrote yesterday in 45 minutes. I really hope I don't fall behind. I'm going to try to catch up while the word count difference isn't that big.
8:45 pm - I've been writing for a little bit. I worked until 6 today, and then I came home ate dinner. It took me a minute to settle down and start writing, but I've been writing at steady pace, hoping to keep this going.
11:24 pm - I hit 10,000 words! Finally. That was yesterday's goal, and since there's only 36 minutes left in the day, I highly doubt I'm going to reach today's word goal of 11,666.
WORDS TODAY = 1,820
TOTAL WORD COUNT = 10,463


No comments