June 2014 | Wrap Up



Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
by Jesse Andrews
I borrowed this copy from the library. I enjoyed this book. Mainly for the funny dialogue. The whole time I was reading this I felt like I would rather watch a movie of this which I know is in the works. Some of the comedy of it I feel like would translate really well into a film. 4 out of 5 stars.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
I bought the ebook of this when it was $2.99. I heard a lot about it on booktube and I loved the cover. This is a relatively quick read. The one thing I found a bit annoying was Lara Jean's maturity at the beginning of the book. She is supposed to be sixteen, but at times it felt like she was twelve. Despite that, I felt it was necessary in order to create the contrast of how she matures throughout the story. 4 out of 5 stars.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I had been reading this book for a while. It was hard for me to get through. I think it was because halfway through reading this book I was spoiled on the ending of Allegiant and I was just not motivated to finish. I wish I had read these books before any of the movie hype and the third book because I feel like I would've been more invested in the story. There was definitely more action in the second book which will be interesting to see how they will pack into a two hour (or so) movie. 3 out of 5 stars.

Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
This was my first A.S. King book. I like the way this contemporary coming of age story was written. I really enjoyed the magical realism aspect to it and haven't seen does this way in any other book in the genre. 4 out of 5 stars.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
I finally got around to reading this. This was my second Rainbow Rowell book. The only previous information I had on the book was that it was about two misfits that fall in love in the '80s. This book gave me so much more than that. Rainbow Rowell develops characters like no one I've ever read, and particularly in this book the relationship between the two main characters. I still loved Attachments more than this one so it got 4 out of 5 stars.

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
This one was sort of random this month. I picked it up from the library. I thought I wouldn't get to this one this month, but I started reading it and found myself finishing it in a couple of days. I loved the world and the fact that it takes place in Russia. I will be continuing the series. 4 out of 5 stars.

I know I gave most of these 4 out of 5 stars. It's been one of those months where I liked everything I read, but I just wasn't in love with everything. On July 1st I finished The Lightning Thief so I can't technically add it to this list, but I felt like I spent the majority of June reading it. I'll still add it to the July Wrap Up to be fair.

Currently Reading:
The Ring and the Crown by Melissa De La Cruz
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

No comments