February and March 2016 | Wrap Up


February and March weren't that great in terms of reading for me. I just couldn't get into any book, but now I feel like I've kind of gotten into some sort of rhythm again. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it! I didn't end up reading my TBR jar pick in February or in March, but I've recently picked it up and I'm loving it, so I went ahead and picked out another book and added it to my April TBR that you'll see at the end of this post. This wrap up might not be that great, but next month I'm sure I'll have a lot more to share with you.


February


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
It took me forever to read this, because I kept putting it down to read other things, and I didn't want to rush through it. I was so excited for Leigh Bardugo's new book, and it did not disappoint. I loved it! It gave me everything I loved about the Grisha universe and so much more. I loved the ensemble of characters that Leigh Bardugo created for this new story. I can not wait for Crooked Kingdom later this year! 5/5

March


Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More by Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez
I love the Ms. Marvel series so much that I thought I would check out Captain Marvel. I didn't really know that much about this character or her back story before picking this up, and I don't think you really need to in order to read this series. I really enjoyed the story, but I wasn't dying to pick up the next volume. Maybe I'll get to the next one sometime soon. 4/5

Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 
As soon as I heard that Rainbow Rowell was putting out a new story I immediately went online to learn more only to find out that it was an exclusive UK release. Well, that didn't matter thanks to The Book Depository. Before I knew it I had preordered the short story without even having an idea what it was about. The story includes the kind of characters that Rainbow Rowell does so well, and some Star Wars. I liked it, but I felt like something was missing overall. 4/5


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I started reading this in February, and I thought I could read it in one month, but I was mistaken. I had already seen the show before reading the book, so I feel like I can't really talk about the book without talking about the show since really that was my first impression. Although I can say that the show follows the book pretty well. There are just a few things here and there that are tweaked in order to make the story fit a television format a little better. Although I enjoyed the book, I think I'm going to stick with the television show. 4/5

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days
I finally read this! I love how this story has progressed through out every issue and volume. Kamala has grown and developed as a person and superhero. If you haven't pick up this comic series yet, do it now! 5/5



Currently Reading
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (February TBR Jar pick)


April TBR
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Soulless by Gail Carriger
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige (April TBR jar pick)




2 comments

  1. I'm currently reading Dorothy Must Die and it's so interesting! Six of Crows was so thrilling, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Dorothy Must Die on my shelf for a while now, so I'm excited to get to it this month (hopefully). I recommended Six of Crows to my sister and she loved it as well.

      Delete