Anna Dressed in Blood Cupcakes



I was browsing through Pinterest when I came across this post for Dexter cupcakes which reminded me of Anna Dressed in Blood.


Cupcakes

The Dexter cupcakes were chocolate, but I wanted keep the blood theme going so I did red velvet cupcakes. If you have a red velvet recipe that you like you can use that. I just bought boxed cake mix. I know, I know. The shame.


Let them cool down for about 15 minutes before frosting them. White frosting is the best option to make the blood splatter more prominent.





Blood Splatter

For the blood splatter you can use red food coloring. If it's too thick add a drop of water. Make sure to cover the area you are going to do the splattering. I used a fork, but in the Dexter cupcakes post they suggest a toothpick. Probably less messy that way. Dip the for in the food coloring and splatter.
Note: For the pictures I used the red velvet batter to make it look more thick.




This didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but I have another post in about a week that's a DIY and a recipe and it's a lot better.


No comments