March & April 2015 | Wrap Up


Well, things didn't really get any better in March or April. I didn't start and finish a novel in either month, but I am convinced that I am finally over my reading slump. If I'm not then at least there's the Bout of Books Readathon happening this month. I haven't set a TBR for the readathon, because it really helped last time when I just went for which ever book I was in the mood for at the time. Anyways, here are the three books and one comic I finished reading in March and April.

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
I finally read it. I loved it, but at the same time I'm sad that it's over. I read the Barnes and Noble Collector's Edition, which had the story about the Darkling. I'm glad that the world is going to live on in the spin-off series. The world was one of my favorite parts of the series, and the fact that I'll get to see more of that makes the ending of this book not that bad. 5/5

Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
A.S. King is defenitley not like every other YA contemporary writer. This is my second book by her and I really enjoyed it because her stories are so different. I think I liked this one more than Ask the Passengers, but I still haven't found that one that I really love. I'm going to try to read all her books, and then we'll see which one is my favorite. 4/5

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation Why by Willow G. Wilson
I love Kamala Khan. In this second collection of comics we really get to see Kamala more in her elements as Ms. Marvel. She's obviously still figuring things out since it is only the second volume. I'm going to keep reading the collections rather than individual comics just because it's easier. I have to wait a bit longer, but I don't mind. 5/5

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I had such a hard time getting into this book. Once I was about a hundred pages in I realized what was throwing me off. It reminded me of almost every other YA dystopian novel, especially The Hunger Games. I really wanted to love this book because it was such a cool concept. Red bloods versus silver bloods in a dystopian/fantasy setting. It also has one of the greatest covers I've ever seen. I partially blame this book for my reading slump. 3/5


Currently Reading

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

May TBR

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson




No comments