NaNoWriMo 2015 | Week 1

I kept going back and forth on whether or not I was going to participate this year in NaNoWriMo. If you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it's National Novel Writing Month which takes place in the month of November. The goal is to write a total of 50,000 words by the end of the month. It isn't really about writing a complete and finished novel in a month, but more of a very very very rough draft.

I didn't do very well last year, and sort of gave up. I was in school then so it was a little hard balancing work, school, and attempting to write a novel in a month. I thought that this year I'd post weekly updates. I'll start it off a new post at the beginning of the week and then just update it everyday.


Sunday November 1 - Saturday November 7

Day One
I didn't write a single word.
Words Written - 0
Total Words Written - 0

Day Two
I wrote 627 words. I worked all day and this was pretty much all I could come up with.
Words Written - 627
Total Words Written - 627

Day Three
I found out I work better at night. I started writing late on day three into day four.
Words Written - 1,334
Total Words Written - 1,961

Day Four
Basically, I got stuff done today. My daily word target went up, because I've been slacking. I can do it.
Words Written - 1,724
Total Words Written - 3,685

Day Five
Don't even look at me. I am so ashamed.
Words Written - 0
Total Words Written - 3,685

Day Six
So my daily word target went up to 1,853. I managed to write 2,000 words today AND I did laundry.
Words Written - 2,033
Total Words Written - 5,718

Day Seven
Barely made it to my daily word target. I wanted to write 2,000 words, but it wasn't happening.
Words Written - 1,755
Total Words Written - 7,473

* NaNoWriMo Profile



No comments